Heart & Soul
We put our heart and soul into everything we do, this is our engine of excellence, the pulse of the school. Staff go the extra mile and children follow their example.
“Staff give their time and energy generously” ISI Report
“Huge staff enthusiasm” The Good Schools Guide
“Continually build on the strengths of their excellent provision” ISI Report
"Time-consuming but worthwhile details show just why the school shines". The Good Schools Guide
Exceptional relationships enable our children to become truly courageous learners.
Relationships are outstanding
- Our pastoral care is consistently rated outstanding. We are pioneers of Emotional Wellbeing in Pre-Prep and Prep Schools.
- Children are remarkably supportive and encouraging of each other.
- There is exceptional warmth and ease in relationships between staff and children.
- There is an outstanding culture of collaboration and support across both Common Rooms.
- Our partnership with parents is built on listening and finding solutions together.
Our community is animated by a sense of mission to draw the best out of everyone, sharing values of compassion and generosity; fully engaged in the wider world.
Awareness of moral responsibility for others and the wider world, is well developed
- Transition from a local day school to a broad and diverse international community.
- Centenary Bursaries Programme.
- Flourishing alumni body.
- Highreach – a thriving outreach programme.
- Highreach Holiday – a week long respite holiday starting this summer.
- Highfield Summer School – a growing three week summer course for international students.
- Fontanellato Collaboration – Italian student exchange in association with the San Martino Trust.
Full of Life
The school is full of life. We celebrate fun and adventure, energy and excitement.
We make the most of childhood.
Highfield pupils stand out for their ‘bounce’
Housemaster, Winchester College
To reach their full potential, children must be captivated by their learning and feel happy and supported, not pushed. Our teachers genuinely love working with children and it shows! The enthusiasm of the staff ignites enthusiasm in the children who throw themselves into a staggering array of activity. The schools are full of life, and full of fun.
Our beautiful grounds provide a great place for learning, we make the most of them and are committed to enhancing them.
Whether learning Bushcraft, Wilderness First Aid or making Environmental Art, our pupils are involved in every aspect of it. We think ‘outside first’ and take every opportunity to take learning out of the classroom. We are custodians of our natural heritage, from our Brookham ‘Eco Warriors’, to actively managing our woodlands for energy production in our Biomass plant, as well as for its natural value.