Highfield & Brookham Schools underwent independent Regulatory and Compliance Inspections, conducted by the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in May 2018. We are delighted that both schools met all the regulatory requirements as well as the National Minimum Boarding Standards. There were no recommendations for either school, which is the best possible inspection outcome.
The compliance inspection reports can be viewed by clicking on the links below. The reports from our last full ISI inspections in 2014 may be viewed further down this page.
ISI Integrated Inspection June 2014
Highfield underwent an Integrated Inspection in June by the Independent Schools Inspectorate. The Report found the school to be excellent in many of its attributes.
The school last underwent an Integrated Inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate in June 2014. The Report found the school to be excellent in many of its attributes and naturally, all at Highfield are delighted by the very positive findings included in the Report, recognising and celebrating our core values and qualities.
The school is highly successful in realising its aspiration to provide a stimulating and challenging educational experience through which pupils can be well prepared for their move to senior school. Pupils' achievements, both in class and in their activities, are excellent, and they demonstrate outstanding attitudes to learning.
Other comments include:
- "Success in sport, music and drama is especially notable. The high level of success by pupils is enhanced by the breadth and balance of the appropriately demanding curriculum, and by the excellent teaching. Teachers generate a genuine love of learning in their pupils, and provide them with great encouragement and strong support."
- "Pupils' personal qualities are a major strength of the school and they demonstrate high levels of spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. Pupils show a strong awareness of others, enhanced by their community service work, and show well-developed self-confidence and a pronounced sense of responsibility. They are well supported by the excellent pastoral care, support and guidance provided by the staff. Relationships are outstanding and measures to promote good behaviour are effective."
- "The excellent boarding experience enables boarders to take full advantage of living in school, and they are happy, fulfilled and well supported."
- "The curricular and extra-curricular provision is excellent."
- "Older pupils are very well prepared for the rigours of Common Entrance (CE) and scholarship examinations."
- "The provision for the more able pupils is excellent."
- "Provision for sport is strong and particularly diverse, with a blend of traditional team sports, as well as opportunities to try new ones, such as golf, triathlon and squash."
- "The quality of teaching is excellent."
- "The spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of the pupils is excellent."
- "Social development is outstanding, and pupils of all ages have excellent social skills, becoming confident in dealing with those they have not met before and enjoying their company."
- "The contribution of arrangements for the pastoral care of pupils is excellent."
- "Outstanding support and guidance for pupils ensure that they feel safe and happy at school, and contribute to fulfilling the school's aims."
- "Relationships between staff and pupils and among the pupils themselves are excellent. Boarders and day pupils are very well integrated."
- "Boarders are extremely happy, are supportive of each other and aware of the needs of those around them."
- "The quality of links with parents, carers and guardians is excellent."
The ISI team identified one minor non-regulatory compliance issue that had already been addressed by the school before the Inspection. The Inspectors recommendations for further improvement had also been identified by the school before Inspection and were already being addressed as part of the school's ongoing Development Plan.